All prospective students—part-timer, full-timer, self-funded or seeking funding—are strongly advised to prepare their application within this calendar.
October – early January
- Applicants identify and approach potential supervisors
- Discussion and refinement of proposal with potential supervisor
- Formal application via the Research Degrees Office.
Please note: a early-January final deadline applies for the formal application to the Research Degrees Office.
Early-January – mid-February
- Evaluation process: interviews of candidate by a department panel (it includes prospective supervisors and another member of the department)
- Candidates will be notified of the result within few days.
Please note: Telephone interviews are acceptable if the applicant is not based in the UK, but should be the exception rather than the norm.
- Period of further evaluation of applications from students seeking funding (for example from CHASE).
- Final notifications for students seeking funding.