Why study History with us?
- We are flexible: You can study with us on a part-time or full-time basis by distance learning.
- We will support you every step of the way: You will have access to online and face-to-face tutoring support.
- We provide excellent teaching materials: You will have access to high-quality printed, digital, and audio-visual teaching materials prepared by our staff of experienced historians.
- We are experts: 76% of our research was ranked as world-leading or internationally excellent (4* or 3*) and 100% of our research was ranked as world-leading or internationally excellent for impact in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- We are skills focused: You will learn to assimilate and evaluate information, to think independently, and to communicate your ideas effectively. You will also develop your ICT skills.
- We are career focused: Our History modules are relevant to a wide range of careers in the public and private sectors, including: education; museum work; public administration, art institutions, and social services; advertising, journalism, publishing, creative industries, public relations; legal work; business, banking, and retail.
Qualifications in History
If you are interested in focussing your studies on History, we offer a BA (Honours) in History. This qualification received a 92% satisfaction rating in the 2014 National Student Survey. Follow this link to find out about all our History qualifications
Modules in History
Our modules are designed to be engaging and challenging. If you study with us, you will learn about British, Irish, European and global history from medieval to modern times. Our modules will give you the opportunity to tackle such issues as imperialism; politics; social relations; medicine; warfare and religion.
All of our modules are designed to help you to develop your ability to analyse historical evidence and to communicate effectively. These skills can be applied in many fields and are highly valued by employers. See some undergraduate module sample materials.